National Induction Programme for Teachers
Primary & Post Primary NQTs (Newly Qualified Teachers)
Important Information for NQTs regarding their registration requirements for the Teaching Council.
- An NIPT Workshop is a requirement for NQTs in schools who are completing Probation (Primary or PQE (Post Primary).
- Workshops are not a requirement for NQTs engaging in the Droichead process.
- However, NQTs participating in Droichead can count this workshop as an Additional Professional Learning Activity, with the agreement of their Professional Support Team in school.
- If you are teaching in a school with 24 or more classroom teachers (Primary) , or more than 700 pupils (Post-primary) or in a SEN Setting, your only route of Induction is via the Droichead process. Click HERE for growth timelines.
The National Induction Programme for Newly Qualified Teachers at both Primary and Second levels will be rolled out in Monaghan Education Centre during the 2017/2018 academic year.
Once Registered NQTs can download the NQT Induction Programme Information Booklet for NQTs 2017-2018.
- Click HERE for Workshop Schedule for Primary & Post Primary NQTs
- For online workshops please click HERE
- Click HERE for Information on Droichead
- Click HERE for schedule of Droichead Cluster meetings for Primary
- Click HERE for Droichead Cluster meetings for Post Primary