CPR 4 Schools (Post Primary)
Sadly, in Ireland every year 5000 people die from sudden Cardiac Arrest, over 70% of these cardiac arrests happen in the home in front of a loved one. By starting CPR, you can double the person’s chances of survival. If we train all post primary school students annually over the next number of years, everyone will have learned CPR in Ireland. This simple programme can really make the difference between life and death.
What happens at the workshop?
- Our expert CPR 4 Schools team will deliver a two-hour workshop
- By the end of the course, teachers will learn how to perform CPR
- Teachers will develop skills to pass on this curriculum based programme to their students in just 40 minutes
What happens after the workshop?
- Following completion of the workshop, teachers receive unique log in details to an online portal on our website
- Lessons plans, instruction training videos, certificates are available online
- Schools receive a kit for students to practice the skill of CPR on manikins
How much does this cost?
- This is all free of charge to the school.
- This programme would cost over €1,000 per school class, with this programme an entire school can receive this lifesaving skill for free.
*Please note that there is no cost to the schools for these workshops or kits. Currently, this programme is only available to Post Primary schools, and two teachers must attend from each school*
What is the feedback so far?
- Teachers who have attended the workshop commented that they could not believe how easy this course was to roll out to students.
- Over 11,000 students and teachers across Ireland have taken part in the programme.
- 130 schools are running this programme
- 250 teachers from all subjects
Monaghan Education Centre
Monday 13th November 2017
7 – 9pm
To register two teachers from your school please complete the attached Teacher Nomination Form and return to Monaghan Education Centre. Places will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.