ICT Summer Courses 2018 – Whole School Training
The following is a list of ICT Summer Courses which will be available for Whole School Training (WST):
- 21st Century Problem Solving (formally known as Computational Thinking)
- Embedding Digital Technologies in teaching, learning & Assessment
- Digital Technologies to Support Literacy (formally known as The Reading and Writing process using ICT)
- Digital Technologies in the Junior Classes
- Using Tablets & Online Tools
- Creating & using Digital Resources
- Digital Storytelling
- Scratch to Develop Numeracy and Problem Solving Skills
- A whole school approach to using Digital Technologies
If your school is interested in applying for a WST Summer Course, please complete the attached expression of interest form and return to the centre no later than Friday 16th March 2018 (extended owing to school closed)
Late application cannot be accepted.
Some points to consider:
- The first and most important point to consider is: will 10 or more of the school’s teaching staff sign up to attending a WST ICT Summer Course.
- Ensure that you have the number of computers required, fast and reliable internet connection and also an up to date version of Office.
- Has your school a number of IWB for practical hands-on sessions.
- Catering Facilities (lunch). Can you accommodate in-house or will you have to go out.
The expression of interest forms will be considered on a first come first served basis and there will be limited availability.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact Mary McQuaid, ICT Administrator at 047 74000.